Thursday, March 3, 2011

Re-evaluating

It's been a long time since I've written here. In the last week I had somewhat of a revelation. Because of that revelation I have given up weight watchers, given up points counting, and given up feeling bad about myself.

Life is too short to hate myself all the time.

It's also too short to be a slave to food.

So, right now I'm focusing on intuitive eating. When I want to eat I ask myself what I want, I ask myself if I'm hungry and I act based on that.

I've also realised taht emotional eating isn't actually a bad thing.

mindless eating, a eating instead of dealing with issues 100% of the time and binge eating, however, aren't the greatest and that's what life's too short for. BUT, if I mess up - I'm not going to beat myself up.

I am fixing my relationship with food.

Right now I'm keen to track what I eat just out of curiosity - but i'm worried the habit of tracking will let me fall back into old habits. Will I beat myself up if I see a few too much chocolate on there? I don't know.

I'm going to try and keep track and if I feel myself getting upset or stressed out by the process, I'll stop.

Today I've eaten

Oats with skim milk, skim yogurt and sultanas - normal serve
Coles nut muesli bar (with chocolate - delicious!)
Wholemeal hummus, turkey and brie sandwhich - didn't go over the top with the brie!
Passionfruit yogurt - low fat
4 small pieces of french bread with dip, oil, pickles, sundried tomatoes etc
1 x pot of beer
1 x large prawn pita pizza
2 x serves of weght watchers chocolates pudding
2 glasses of water
1 glass of fizzy drink

Exercise

Nada!

No comments:

Post a Comment