Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Bored and gaining

Again, yesterday was not a great day. I put on another 300 grams this morning. Then, when I woke up, I had absolutely zero motivation to get out and run.

I *am* excited about starting my 10k training but I want to do that closer to the race - which is in July. I have no trouble getting up and going to group exercise. When it comes down to it, I'm being lazy. I feel quite depressed and confused about life in general at the moment and gaining weight certainly isn't helping. This is spilling over into my motivation and I realise I really need to take control of this.

Control being the operative word.

I can't control my ex-boyfriend's actions. I can't control my mum's cancer. But I am in control of me.

So, this morning I thought, "if I don't go for a run I have to do something proactive". So I made a big pasta dish to last 4 meals, I made my bed, I took out three loads of garbage, I did all my washing up. Then I ordered myself an exercise bike online.

Yes. I know. A bike. *Me*. I usually avoid biking at all costs at the gym. Something about all that leg work, and the uncomfortable seats. Though when I *do* acheive on a bike I feel extra proud! I decided on a bike because I need something in my house to stop me making excuses! Plus the weather is cooling down so pretty soon, it'll be even easier to make an excuse not to go outside. I just have it ordered for hire for 1 month, to make sure I use it and don't waste any money. I'm looking forward to coming up with some exercise plans for it!

A few things I tried to keep in mind for today:

Say no!
Eat properly!
Drink lots of water!

8.00am: Banana oats time! 2 points

11.20am: Have been keping really busy this morning and had my morning tea late. Two thick rice cakes with skinny hummus, 1.5 points. I realise that I haven't had any water yet so gulp down a couple of glasses asap
1.40pm: Lunch time! This re-heated chick pea curry (4 points) gets better every day. Then I pop to the shops and buy a big bag of muesli.

3.40pm: Yogurt and muesli time. Actually I'm not *that* hungry but I really want to see if the muesli I bought from Aldi is any good. It is. 3 points (I think - had to estimate 1/4 cup size)

8.15pm: I ended up working late and getting home starving. I tucked into about 8 water crackers with dip. By the time my pasta was heated up I wasn't as hungry so I decided to just eat half rather than a full serve. I knew that popcorn was a must have as it is every night, if I wanted it I had to make sacrifices. I'm very proud right about now. 7.5 points

8.40pm: Popcorn time. The usual 1/4 cup with some honey. 1.5 points

Total for today: 19.5 points

I'm so happy with this. Only .5 points over.

No comments:

Post a Comment