Monday, April 26, 2010

Such a fantastic weekend...until

This weekend I went and visited my parents in Hobart.

I was 100% determined for this to be a successful weekend food-wise. So, taking advice from my last weight watchers meeting, I planned the shit out of it.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I got my mum to hide all of the chocolate, biscuits and peanut butter. Then I offered to cook her dinner both nights. Then, I planned everything I was going to eat, leaving myself a couple of extra points for the odd treat. It was a holiday after all.

Friday was day 1. I managed to forget my snack for the airport, but I deliberately didn't carry any money so I avoided a snack. In fact, despite having breakfast at 7am, I managed to make it through until 2pm with nothing to eat! It was so late in the day by the time I got to my parents house that I skipped lunch all together and just had my two snacks.

I made burritos for dinner and allowed myself to have the 2 I planned for. I could have easily had more but I put everything straight into the fridge so I wasn't tempted.

Then I had a slice of my mum's healthy fruit cake she had made for me.

I felt *very* tempted to binge that night. I was so used to eating constantly when I was at my mum's house that it felt weird not to. I was fidgety, I drank tonnes of water, but ultimately I went to bed early and managed to not binge. And I felt *great*

The next day I made a double pot of oats for my mum and me for breakfast. Then I went out to visit my friend in her new house. She offered tea and biscuits. In the past I would have eaten 3, 4, 5 biscuits. Instead I ate one. I chose my absolute favourite and savoured it. Then I went home. I was starving so I made a healthy lunch then had a snack later in the day. Then I made a huge stir fry, had another slice of fruit cake for dessert and that was that. Another successful day.

Sunday my dad took us out for breakfast. I was a little worried but decided to splurge. I ordered pancakes with banana and bacon. The serving was HUGE. I ate one of the two pancakes. Half the banana and all that bacon. For the second weekend in a row I left something on my plate. I covered it with a napkin so I wouldn't eat any more.

Things went ok for the rest of the time I was in Hobart. Not perfectly but within points. I had an unplanned beer and sausage at a friends fundraiser. The beer automatically made me want to eat a horse so I had one burrito when I got home and a slice of fruit cake. Then I decided to stop so I could still have something for dinner when I got home.

By the time I got into my flat I was exhausted - and here it goes down hill.

Recently I have managed to stop eating out of boredom and stop eating from stress. What I haven't mastered is stopping eating when I'm tired.

If I'd had to work the next day I probably would have had something to eat then gone to bed. But it was a public holiday and I felt entitled to stay up late! So I binged. And I'm so annoyed with myself - after all of the amazing effort I put in, I consumed about 15 points in one night.

I had;

3 toasted sandwhiches. One with baked beans and cheese the other with brown sugar
nestle diet yogurt with muesli
Popcorn with honey and too much salt

You know; writing that down it doesn't seem as bad as I remember. But I definitely feel bloated this morning (this might also be due to my getting my period) so actually, maybe it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Huh. Maybe if I'd just written this down last night instead of calling "too tired" to do anything but eat I could have stopped myself earlier. What a silly duffa.

I have planned out the rest of my day food and activity wise as well as the rest of my week and have made it so i save enough points to even out. Even if I do go up to 19 points everyday I wont kick myself because really, I was so successful this weekend! I feel like if I can survive a weekend at my parents without binging I can do anything. I can eat just 14-15 points every day and exercise to make up for the binge I had last night. I can get my life together this week and see a big loss at my next meeting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment