Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Yesterday and today

Yesterday wasn't the best day but it went ok - all in all I over-ate, but not too much, and my weight stayed the same.

Journaling worked so well over the weekend I've decided to keep it up for the forseeable future, so here goes for today

6.15am: Hit the gym for boxing circuit. Made my best efforts to really push myself this morning. I really miss how fit I felt 6 months ago and I'm keen to get back there asap. I'm even considering a boot camp in the future to help boost things along

7.15am: Breakfast time: Banana oats with maple syrup (out of honey) and a serve of peanuts - 5 points. I'm going to just aim for 19 points per day this week, rather than trying to save and make up for the weekend. Saving too many every day just leaves me hungry. I know this yet I always try to do it and fail. I know that even with the blow outs I've had this weekend I can still loose weight eating 19 points a day from now on.

10.20am: Today is turning out to be a stressful day. I'm not that hungry but I eat my muesli bar anyway. 1.5 points.

11.00am: I got offered a cupcake. I ate the cupcake. 4 points.

1.00pm: Proper hunger time - leftpver pumpkin chickpea curry - yay! 4 points (as much as the cupcake, cupcake bad and evil.)

3.40pm: Time for afternoon tea. I bought a serve of Ski D'lite Vanilla Creme on special at the supermarket. Then I added Maltesers to it. Bad move. Why did I do this? Because even though I don't mind yogurt I really like it when there's something in it. For the same amount of points as the Maltesers I could have had a small apple and half a small banana, or some home-made low fat granola. I'm making a mental note to buy a lot more fruit this week and make some granola so I can have my yogurt and eat it without falling asleep. 3 points.

6.00pm: Dinner time. Soup and toast 5.5 points

I made some strawberry mousse for dessert. I ate half and then realised it was disgusting and I didn't want to waste my points on something I wasn't enjoying. I then made two serves of popcorn with maple syrup. 4 points. Yet again way over points and wanting to binge. So let's analyse

1) I start the week off badly so I feel like I've already ruined it
2) I'm going through a stressful time in my life. I'm letting my life get disorganised and it's not helping me stay off track
3) I'm eating sub standard food I don't really like so I keep adding to try and satisfy myself
4) I've gotten out of the habit of saying no to people when they offer me bad foods

How to remedy this

1) Try extra hard to have a perfect weekend
2) Make all my food in advance so I feel more organised during the week
3) Plan lovely, tasty yummy foods and snacks (I've done this already)
4) Say NO!

No comments:

Post a Comment