Friday, April 2, 2010

Friday Check In

It's the end of my first week of being back on the program, back into blogging and feeling like I've made a fresh start.

This was not a great week by any stretch of the imagination. I didn't acheive all my goals, I binged, I skipped exercise.

But the improvements I've made, and some choices I've made are so much better than the previous 3-4 months that I really do feel like I'm back on track.

Sticking to my food plan: I had hoped to consume only 19 points a day. This didn't happen at all. I'm disappointed but I think maybe it was a bit of a big goal for the first week back. Even when I was loosing weight I would often go at least 2-3 points over. I'll be revising this in this weeks goal

Exercise plan: Actually this went perfectly until today! I had a very emotional night last night and got almost no sleep. I'm a zombie now and have cancelled all plans for the day including exercise. I am going to clean my house, get on top of a few small things and then eventually have a nice big sleep, refreshed for the new week tomorrow

Water, water, water: This went *really* well. I almost got to 8 glasses every day, including weekends, and I oftened turned to water when I thought I felt hungry.

This weeks goals

Stick to points over the weekend: This used to be my main food goal in the past. Saturdays and Sundays were my big mess up days, as they are for a lot of people. I had planned to have my easter bunny - my one and only chocolate for easter, Sunday - but there's been a change of plans. I'll eat the chocolate today leaving my weekend free to aim for 19 points. Obviously I'd love to carry it over into the week but if I can cope with Saturday and Sunday I think it'll really set the tone for the week and I'll be a lot more successful with a bit less effort.

Exercise: I did really well this week and I think I can definitely do it again. The change I want to make this week links in with my binge eating. After dinner and desert I plan to go for a 20 minute walk. 10 minutes down to the main street and then 10 back. The nights this week that I was forced to leave the house straight after dinner because of prior engagements - particularly ones I had to walk to - really stopped me from binging. That's 20 minutes 7 days this week. Totally doable.

Water: I did so well last week, this week I want to get to 8 glasses every day.

Pre-cook meals: I did pre-cook a lot of meals this week but today I plan on pre-cooking 4 serves of a chickpea curry and 4 serves of a vegetarian bolognaise. I'm just writing it here to help me stick with my plan!

Confession

So my confession this week is despite that promise to myself, I didn't attend my WW meeting. As I mentioned earlier in the week, my usual meeting is closed on Saturday so I planned to weigh in near my work on Thursday. I couldn't. I got too nervous! I hate new situations and knowing it was a once off made it even harder to go. I will weigh in on my scales on Saturday and hope there isn't too much of a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment