Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Motivation!

I woke up this morning really not wanting to exercise. I'm feeling really flat at the moment. I had a panic attack two nights ago and never really covered. I'd never had a proper panic attack before and the fear that I'll have another one is really exhausting.

Regardless I pressed on and do what I always do when I don't want to exercise but I know I should - I break it down into steps. Actually I do this with a lot of things in my life.

1) Get out of pyjamas
2) Get into gym gear

Usually the next step would be "get out of the house" but thanks to my new exercise all I had to do was pick something to listen to or watch (in this case, the latest This American Life) and get pedaling.

I did 30 minutes of intervals - 10 minutes more than last night. I can't believe how much I sweat! The only issue I'm having is there is a bit of pressure in my knees. I think it's because it's manual tension so it's a little sticky getting the pedals around. Not quite sure how to remedy this other than upgrading next time. Considering I'm already pedalling at the top level this might be pretty necessary.

So...

7.15am: 30 minute bike intervals

8.20am: Banana apple oats 3 points

11.15am: Time for an orange. This takes me half an hour to eat. No joke. 1 point. Water time!

2.00pm: Lunch time. I am keeping my points to a minimum during the day because I'm going out for dinner. I had 1 serve of Campbells Chicken and Corn soup - 2.5points

4.20pm: Afternoon snack - my usual yogurt minus the muesli - 1 point

7.00pm: have 1.5 beers and some popcorn at the movie (share the popcorn amoungst a few of us)

9.00pm: Dumpling heaven! 7 of us order a plate each - I try everything - all sorts of dumplings plus salt 'n' pepper squid, chinese brocolli and the most delicious dim sums I've ever eaten! Plus one more beer for good measure. Probably over points but I deliverately ate very little all day so I could enjoy this relatively guilt free. I didn't feel completely stuffed at the end of the evening. I think I ate just the right amount!

Points eaten: Let's say 19!
Points earnt: 3.5

No comments:

Post a Comment